£100 Cashback when you leave an Arena Homes property
Arena Homes are running a scheme offering a £100 cashback payment to residents moving on.
The information below lets you know what to do if you wish to leave your Arena Homes property. You need to give us four weeks notice and make sure there are no rent arrears on your account and leave your property free from tenant damage.
To qualify for this scheme you need to have been an Arena Homes resident for a minimum of 12 months.
If you follow the steps below – we will give you a one off payment of £100 :
What do I need to do to be considered for this payment:
: you must give us four weeks notice that you are leaving have a clear rent account and your property has no tenant damage.
: you will give us access to carry out a home visit with your Neighbourhood Services Officer and one of our Technical Inspectors to do an exit interview.
Step three: your Customer Services Manager will complete a check list including leaving your home in a good condition. You will need to ensure that you arrange for your electric and gas meters to be read and tell us your leaving date and forwarding address.
Step four: Lock your home and hand in your keys to your nearest office by 12 noon on the Monday your tenancy ends.
What will happen at the exit interview?
At your exit interview we will agree the items you are taking with you, agree if any repairs are needed and allow us access to carry these out. If you do not allow us to carry out the repairs we can charge you if we have to do them afterwards.
We will give you reasonable notice to allow us to show people around who might want to move into your home when you have left.
What do I need to remember to do?
- Leave your home and garden in a clean and tidy condition. If we have to remove any items such as furniture or carpets we can charge for this.
- Arrange to have your gas and electricity final meter readings done.
- Tell us your new address. We will send your cashback cheque (if you complete all four steps) to this address within 14 days of your move.
- End your telephone agreement if you have one
- Turn off your water supply
- Leave gas and electricity appliances in a safe condition
- Provide details of your gas and electricity suppliers.
- Inform Council Tax and Housing Benefit you are leaving. Please remember Housing Benefit is only paid while you are living at this address. If we do not get the four week notice, you will owe us rent but not receive Housing Benefit
- Ensure your rent arrears are settled in full. If you leave with arrears we will deduct from your £100, if more than £100 we will send you a bill for the final amount
What if I change my mind?
Please let us know as soon as possible if you change your mind, as we may have offered someone else your property.
We may also charge you for giving notice and cancelling without good reason
Please note: If you transfer from one Arena Homes property to another, or if you move as part of a ‘mutual exchange’ you are not eligible for the £100 incentive.